Monday, January 10, 2005

When Was the Last Time You TPed Your House?

There's nothing like running out of toilet paper in the house, especially when it's kinda late in the night. Running to the store definitely cannot wait till the next day. I consider it an emergency.

Sinta and I braved the rain and winds, and made the 5-minute trip to Wal-Mart.

Or so we thought.

We approached the entrance, and we noticed the doors were barricaded with a bench and boxes from the inside. I heard keys jingling behind us, and I turned my attention to a woman rushing to the entrance, dressed in her PJs. I wonder if she's there for the same reason.

"The store's closed," a man said, sitting in the shadows of the vending machines. Hmm. I thought Wal-Mart closes at 11.

We turned around and headed back to the car. Where were we going to get TP? Who's open at this time of the night? If we were in Mililani, it wouldn't be a problem. Wal-Mart's open 24 hours a day. "We can go to Safeway," Sinta suggests. Ah, yes. Trusty Safeway.

We quickly walked in to get our provisions: a 24-roll pack of TP and Butterfingers. The friendly cashier greeted us. "Good evening," she said, as she scanned our things. "You may want to hold on to this." She handed us the candy bar. "Boy, it must be paper night. A lot of people have been coming in to buy paper." Right on!

Sinta had the TP in his hands, and I followed him, clutching the candy bar. As we were walking out the automatic door, Sinta tossed the TP pack in his hands, and chanted, "We got toilet paper! We got toilet paper!" Just then, a couple of customers were walking in. He stopped abruptly and clutched the package to his chest, emoting an expression of embarassment.

"Ha! Isn't that something to blog about!" I said, laughing.

When we got to the car, Sinta opened my door for me. As soon as I settled in, he handed me the rolls of TP. Still clutching the candy bar, I reached up to get the TP, and the Butterfingers slipped out of my hand and into the darkness of the car floor. I yelped, and scared the wits out of Sinta. The look on his face expressed worry and concern. Then he realized that I was yelping for the chocolate bar. Come on, I can't afford to lose chocolate!

"Now you should blog about that!" Sinta teased.


No comments:

Post a Comment