Thursday, January 20, 2005

New Project

After work this afternoon, I made a trip to Wal-Mart for some necessities. After quickly picking up what I needed, I went to the crafts department to look at yarn. Now, I know I'm not the greatest at crocheting. I can't even knit. But, I can spend an afternoon looking at yarn in all it's different colors and textures. The store had two big bins overflowing with yarn that were on sale. I couldn't help myself, so I bought two that were in different shades of blue.


Something New, originally uploaded by Rho.

I noticed a picture of a pretty afghan on the yarn's sleeve. I made sure that it was a crochet pattern. It looked fairly easy to do. I figured that it was time to graduate from my simple scarves and move on to something more challenging.

When I got home, I made myself a quick lunch, and sat down with my crochet book I bought a few months ago to read up on how to read crochet instructions.




Working on the Second Row, originally uploaded by Rho.

Needless to say, it involved some practice, but it wasn't as difficult as I first thought it would be. Now I can do away with my double crochet-style scarf projects. I can now work on a nice beanie for Sinta.

No comments:

Post a Comment