Thursday, January 20, 2005

Field Trip To the San Francisco Zoo


Dumbo
Originally uploaded by Rho.
Last Saturday, Sinta and I, bundled up in our thick jackets, beanies, and scarves, paid a visit to our animal friends at the San Francisco Zoo. Yes, it was cold, and the sky was overcast, but this was a trip overdue. The last time I've been to the zoo was when I was in the sixth grade. Despite the weather, there were a lot of families there as well. I was just as facinated watching the children looking at the animals excitedly.

Peacock,
originally uploaded by Rho.
We started out at the African Savannah to see the zebras, giraffes and ostriches. Then we headed to the primate exhibits. Somewhere between the African elephant and the penguins, we grew hungry. Sinta bought us a huge bag of kettle corn to tie us over before our next meal.


Is That a Rat?!
Originally uploaded by Rho.
At the Australian Walkabout, we watched the kangaroos and wallabies. This one freaked me out. With its large, pink tail and all...it looked like a giant rat!

We almost forgot to check out the koala, one of my favorite animals, next to the wombat. When we got to the exhibit, he had his back turned to us, sleeping on his cozy eucalyptus branch. Even then, he was still cute...nakakagigil!

No comments:

Post a Comment