A Mini Vacation
Mother Nature finally cleared the skies today. There is not a single cloud in the sky on this beautiful Wednesday. It's really cold, though. This morning, I found my car's windows all icy. It's about time the rains stopped. Just the other day, I was complaining to Sinta about the rain, and he said, "But you don't complain about the rain in Hawaii."
"No," I said. "The rain in Hawaii isn't icky and cold like here."
Speaking of paradise, have you seen "Collateral" where Jamie Foxx's character keeps a postcard of an island on his sun visor in his cab? He says he takes little vacations throughout the day by looking at his postcard retreat. Well, here at work, we're confined to four walls at the front of the office. In other words, there are no windows, unless we go to the back. Anyway, thanks to Miss A (she brought speakers for the computers), I can finally listen to KCCN online. The songs remind me of our trips to Hawaii, the cotton-white clouds, the deep blue skies, the warm tradewinds. While I'm here in the Bay Area, this is my little vacation, my retreat. And believe it or not, it does help me relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment