Red Cross
So, Sinta and I will be volunteering for the local chapter of the Red Cross. Last Thursday morning, we went to our informal interview. The volunteer coordinator scheduled us to go in at the same time. It's something she doesn't usually do, but because she's about to go on maternity leave, she's cramped for time.
It was a very casual interview. She basically wanted to know more about us by asking questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Describe yourself", "What are your weaknesses", "What do you expect out of volunteering with us?" It was a little difficult answering some of the questions with Sinta at my side and vice versa, but we got through it. After the Q & A part, she told us more about the Red Cross, the volunteer positions that are available, and then asked us what areas are we leaning towards. What caught my attention were giving preparedness presentations to the community, special events, and eventually instructing the youth. I mean, anything is possible. I'm really excited about this.
No comments:
Post a Comment