Sunday, November 04, 2007

Dark!

Daylight savings ended, and with the sun setting a little after 5, my body thinks it's already 8pm. Sucks. What's even weirder is that the temps have been in the 80s down here.

Moving From Giants Orange to Sharks Teal

Since the MLB season is over, it's time to move on to NHL.

On Friday, Sinta's cousin, C, drove up from LA to visit. Much thanks to him and his friend for hooking us up with Penthouse Suite tickets to the San Jose Sharks game. There's nothing like noshing on food and drinking beer in a suite while watching the hockey game below. Nice.

Bridal Expo

Getting me to go to a bridal fair is like pulling teeth. Why? One, it's overwhelming. Two, my line of work deals with talking to people all day. I don't want to talk to people during my days off. Three, I feel like some of these vendors judge me because I'm not as pretty or rich as a lot of the other brides-to-be. Who are we kidding here? Some of the vendors offer high-end services. Sinta and I are aiming for inexpensive. Why are we there, you ask? We're looking for ideas.

We're walking around, grabbing brochures and goody bags here and there, and I'm stopped by a Redken rep asking me to fill out a form for a free five-minute hair consultation with one of their hairdressers. She then leads me to a chair where I am greeted by a consultant. After we exchange pleasantries, she asks me, "So, how do you plan to have your hair styled?"

"Well," I say, "I just cut my hair short this summer, so I'm planning to grow it out a little bit so that I can have more flexibility."

"That's good. You'll be fine before your wedding. Now were you thinking about keeping it down, sweeping it up?" Consultant asks.

"I'm not sure," I tell her.

"Well, wear your hair however you feel comfortable in," she suggest. Wait a minute. I just filled out that form that asks about my hair texture, what type of dress I'm wearing (halter, strapless, cap sleeves, etc.). Can you base your suggestions on that form? "Any more questions?"

The consultation was a waste of time. At least it was free.

Added to my pile here are more vendor brochures, more business cards, more bridal magazines. Gotta. Start. Planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment