Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by friends and loved ones. If truth be told, Thanksgiving dinner this year with the familia has been the most fun in a long time.

No Black Friday For Me

I had to be at work at 7:30 this morning, totally missing out on all the day-after-Thanksgiving sales. It was quiet at my work place; we were on a weekend schedule at our department (except for me who had to support another department). Nobody wanted to be at work; we would rather to be out shopping. Instead, we justified the situation that we saved our money.

Since we were slow, I managed to talk my supervisor into letting me leave early, given that our clients come early later in the afternoon. But as my luck would have it, I had to finish out my shift because a client was late. Oh well. At least the weekend is here.

Guilty Pleasures

A couple of my co-workers jokingly scoff at the fact that I don't watch reality TV, like "The Bachelor" or "Dancing With the Stars", for instance. It's not that I don't like reality shows. I do watch them (saw last season's of "DWTS"). The truth of the matter is, if I watch the very first episode, I can almost guarantee you that I will follow it for the rest of the season.

As of late, I've been watching Marimar, the Pinoy remake of 1994's widely popular Mexican telenova. When the previous series came out, we were already in the Philippines. I was in high school then, and I didn't really follow the soap opera because I couldn't understand much Tagalog (dubbed) at the time. Of course, the show presents your typical themes: man vs. man (two men fight for the love of the main character--Marimar), woman vs. herself (Marimar struggles with her heart and her rationale). Throw in a contrabida (antagonist), or two, to stir the pot, and a dash of revenge, and you got one good teleserya going!

Since I can't catch all the episodes due to my schedule on GMA, I watch it on YouTube. You gotta love YouTube.

Anyhoo, the weekend's here! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment