Monday, July 26, 2004

What a Weekend

Friday Night.  The weekend started Friday night when Sinta and I went to the visit his co-workers.  We planned to stay for just a little while, but we ended up having dinner since one of the guys cooked his famous fried chicken and mashed potatoes...and mmm, was it good!  I usually don't eat the skin, but this was breaded with herbs and spices.  I don't think any of us felt guilty at all. 

Afterwards, Sinta and I headed to Century theaters to catch either "The Bourne Supremacy" or "Catwoman".  But of course, being opening night and all, every single show was sold out.  That was alright with us; it was to be expected.  Instead, we went to Tower Records at Stonestown, and we ended up buying Rex Navarrete's DVD "Hella Pinoy".  Very funny!  Sounds like he was talking about my family in his skits.

Saturday.  That afternoon, we went to my cousin's house in San Jose to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday.  Such a little troublemaker, but a cute one, though.  You can read a little about it on Sinta's blog.  It was your typical pinoy party with pancit, barbeque and all sorts of food.  One of my cousins even threatened to bust out his karaoke so that we can all sing.  My one-song-a-year quota is long overdue.  We had fun, though, especially with the kids.  And they all love him!  I don't know what it is with him and kids...even 2-year-old, defiant, little Hannah (who doesn't come to me) ran over to Sinta and called him to watch her older brother Christian blow out his candles.  It was the cutest thing.  After chatting with the family and playing sunka with the kids, Sinta and I left.  Though it was late, we ended up at Mercado and we watched "I, Robot".  It's a pretty good movie, actually.  The commercials may look cheesy, but it wasn't bad at all.

Sunday.  We spent the afternoon with Sinta's parents and his youngest brother.  We all met up at a restaurant in Westlake for dim sum.  It's so good, but it's so bad for you.  The last time I had dim sum was several months ago when Sinta brought boxes of it for lunch.  Our stomachs full and heavy, we all went over to Century Theaters to watch "Spider-Man 2".

The day wasn't over yet.  Stopped by Ikea on the way home (yes, there is one now in Palo Alto).  We were there for a couple of hours looking around, and contemplating and discussing which light fixture and shelf we were going to get.  Sinta and I had our own opinions on how to make the apartment more inviting, but it pretty much boiled down to the fact that, in the end, we agreed on the same things and ideas.  That's what happens when the both of us are  stubborn as heck. 

And the Weekend Wouldn't Be Complete...without a trip to Wal-Mart.  I don't remember the last time I went to Wal-Mart.  It may have been when we were in Hawaii.  I love Wal-Mart; I just don't like the lines.  I usually go to Target instead because there aren't that many people, and I don't have to deal with the lines; but, when Sinta suggested we go there to pick up some last minute stuff, I was excited! He and my brother just shook their heads at me like I was crazy.   It's gotta be a girl thing.  They get excited when they go to Fry's or Best Buy.

And To Complete the Weekend Junk Food Diet...we ate dinner at Wal-Mart's fine-dining restaurant--McDonald's. 

Now it's Monday...back to the daily grind...

No comments:

Post a Comment