Not So Fearless
Yesterday, after work, Sinta and I went to Cuesta Park (which is a block next to my work) to roller blade. Now, when I was about seven years old, I taught myself how to roller skate. I started out on the grass, learning the feel of the skates. Then, I tried to skate across the walkway in front of our apartment--all two feet of it! As I learned how to keep my balance, I became fearless. I didn't care if I got scrapes and scratches. I practically lived in my skates. But now, I'm such a scaredy cat on the blades. Little hills and bumps scare me. Sinta always has to remind me that I have a heel brake. I think as long as I blade often, I'll get better...maybe.
Comfort Food
After about eight rounds around the park, we grew hungry. We headed to Castro Street in Mountain View to get our Japanese food fix. Sinta and I ordered chicken donburi--his grilled, mine katsu. Mmm...chicken, eggs, and rice. As long as there's eggs and rice, and some kind of meat dish...I'm good! That's my comfort food. What I'd do now for tapsilog or longsilog!
I Love the 90s!!
After dinner, Sinta and I went straight home to watch some TV. Just like everyone else, we were anticipating "I Love the 90s" on VH1. While waiting for 9pm, we did some channel surfing. Did anyone notice last night that E! had their own version of "I Love the 90s". But in true E! fashion, they presented their show as a countdown. They suck. I'll stick with VH1, thank you. Settling down with a big bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, we watched years '92 and '93. Honestly, I didn't expect VH1 to come up with a 90s series since the decade is so recent. I really enjoy the commentaries by Hal Brooks and that Ian guy. those two are nuts! I also like the way the show brought back some of the celebrities of the 90s, like the actress who played Six on "Blossom". I think they should've brought back Blossom herself, Mayim Bialik. And whatever happened to that bumblebee girl from the Blind Melon video? What about that lost Ren & Stimpy episode--"Rubber Nipples"?
Purses, Purses, and More Purses
This morning as I was getting ready for work, I thought about changing my purse. Standing on my tippy toes, I was going through my purses on the top shelf of the closet. Mind you, I don't have a big collection of purses. Anyway, a black mini messenger bag caught my eye, and my heart jumped. More than I year ago, it was my mission to find a purse like this one. I finally found one last year at the outlets in Gilroy. I forgot all about it. For me, rotating purses is like using a new one. I like taking out the contents and then rearranging them in another one. If guys like to arrange tools in their tool boxes, I like to arrange things in my purses. Lol! For the ladies who love bags and purses, check out eBags. And yes, guys can find goodies there, too. Just a word of caution: Dangerous.
No comments:
Post a Comment