Health Update
Yesterday, during my lunch break, I had a doctor's appointment in Sunnyvale for my cholesterol-lowering prescription. Since my doctor has been in the hospital for gastroenteritis, I was asked to see her sister who is also a general internist. Dr. A started me on Crestor, which I am advised to take everyday for six months. Aside from the medication, I should continue my diet and exercise.
Dr. A: So, what is your exercise regimen?
Me: I walk or run for at least 20 minutes. I roller blade sometimes, too.
Dr. A: Well, you have to increase that time to more than 20 minutes.
Me: Sure, Doctor.
I gotta get my butt in gear. I don't want to be on medication for the rest of my life. That is my motivation. We discussed more about diet (foods to avoid) and the medication. She also discussed the side effects: muscle pain or tenderness from unknown causes, prolonged fever, liver damage, dizziness, nausea, vomitting, bloating. The main concern is the liver because the medication may cause it to produce up to more than three times its normal enzyme level. Stopping the medication will bring the enzymes back to their normal level. Anyway, I'm scheduled for a blood test in four weeks to check my liver. In six weeks, I'm scheduled to follow up with my doctor. It's time to take this seriously.
It's About Time!
Yes, yes...I finally finished "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" over the weekend! I have to say that this is, by far, the best book yet! I can't wait till the sixth one comes out...
No comments:
Post a Comment