I was helping a patient this morning, and he said to me, "It must be nice working at a hospital." Before he could support his statement, I thought to myself, "Well, it took two years for the economic downturn to hit healthcare. I know people who were affected by possible layoffs. Others face uncertainty with their current positions." His reason? "You see all these sick people, I bet you guys stay fit. You want to be healthy, right?" My thoughts? "Yeah, right. Have you seen our stash of chocolates, cookies, and Cheetos? And you have no idea how convenient that cafe is across the hall." haha.
In other news, I went to hula class tonight. The past year hasn't been good to me physically, and as a result, I haven't been confident with my dancing. Oh man, if it's not one thing, it's another. I swear, I thought my right knee was going to give out, and we just did our warm ups at that point. I really need to get back into shape. There are a handful of girls that are in transition between the beginner class and our advanced class. By the end of the week, Kumu will decide who will advance to our class. My friend, who has been struggling, looked dejected. I give her a ton of credit, though, because she tries her best and she's always in class. When I saw her expression, I felt guilty because she has come to me for help, and I didn't help her as much as I could have. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment