I went back to work today, and although I missed two days, it felt like a was gone for a couple of weeks. I woke up with less dizziness and it eased up as the day progressed.
I decided to forgo hula practice tonight because there's no way I can execute those fast turns and levels. I've attended class where I said I'd take it easy because of some physical limitation, but when I hear the beat of the ipu, I just want to dance. I do miss it, and I hope to get back into shape so that I can bring myself back up to the same level of dancing I was last year. With that said, I made the decision to not train for ori (tahitian dance), and to concentrate only on hula. As it is, I'm having a hard to keeping up with our routines. While hula is my first love, I have a love-hate relationship with ori. It's a great workout and it's fun, but every since I was a kid, I just could not get into the dance. Hula is a whole different story, and I can't wait to get back into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment