Friday, April 29, 2005

Physicals and Mrs. Doubtfire

On Wednesday, I put in my resignation at work. My last day is next Friday, so my co-worker and I have been looking at resumes. I'm hoping that my current employer had already set up interviews for potential candidates on Monday. There's not much time to train the new person, but I'm sure things will work out.

I'll be working for the hospital now. Yesterday, I had my physical, which included a vision test, a color blind test, a blood test, and a drug test. There's really nothing much to say about the tests, but I had a particularly interesting experience with the drug test.

I went to the hospital lab, and a middle-aged woman admitted me and explained the tests. She reminded me of Mrs. Doubtfire--accent, hairdo, and all. While she was updating my personal information on the computer, I couldn't help but look at her pointy, pink and brown cowboy boots. After everything was set, she led me to the restroom. First, she entered the restroom, and padlocked the metal trash receptacle that was mounted on the wall. Then, she set the specimen cup on top of the receptacle, and said, "Don't use water," Okay. "I'll be standing outside." Okay.

Later on, I used my foot to flush the toilet. Nothing, I tried it again. Dammit. What was I going to do? I was embarassed to tell Mrs. Doubtfire that it was busted. To hell with it. I walked to the sink to wash my hands, but there was no water. I opened the door, and told Mrs. Doubtfire about my little predicament. "Oh, that's fine," she said, as she reached over to enable the water. "Go ahead and flush, and you can wash your hands now." I proceeded to do as she said. Talk about strict! But if they're that strict, well, what about the water that was already in the toilet bowl?

Thanks, Billy Blanks!

When I got home this afternoon, I popped in the "Tae Bo" DVD into the player. Sinta and I thought this would be a good alternative to working out. Anyway, it was my first time to try it. At first, it felt awkward because I jabbed like a girl, did my sidekicks like a girl. I mean, the girls in the video were tough! There's nothing graceful about it. Nevertheless, it was quite a workout! I think I'll stick to it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment