I Give In
Upon recommendation from my bro, and Consuela, I downloaded Mariah Carey's "The Emancipation of Mimi".
It went something like this:
"Hey, did you hear Mariah Carey's new song" Bro asks.
"Eww, puleeze! It's like that...'" I sing.
"No, her slow one. It sounds old school," Bro says.
I was skeptical. I am a big fan of the old Mariah Carey. I have her albums up until "Daydream". I stopped listening to her albums when she crossed over to hip hop. I'll admit that there were a few songs from her later albums that I like, such as "Honey", and "Breakdown" with Bone, Thugz 'n Harmony. I'm sorry, but to me, her later albums weren't that spectacular. So tonight, I downloaded her latest single "We Belong Together", liked it, and proceeded to download the rest of the album. My personal favorites are "Your Girl", "Fly Like a Bird", and "Say Somethin'" with Snoop and Pharrell (you gotta love the Neptunes!).
I'll be the third person to say it...listen to the album.
No comments:
Post a Comment