Saturday, April 23, 2005

Funny Weather, Old Rags, and Beads

This week went by fast! Another Saturday again. My bestest friend, Feebz, called me earlier this afternoon, and she was wondering why I was hanging out at home. She was like, "Where's J?"

"At work," I said. "What are you doing?"

"We're about to go to an art festival. Seven blocks of art and food!" How fun! I'm sure they're having beautiful weather in San Diego, unlike here where it's just a mixed bag weather conditions. It's been overcast all day with an occasional break in the sky. One part of the sky will be sunny, and across the horizon, storm clouds are looming overhead, threatening to dump rain anytime.

Anyhoo, I spent the greater part of my morning going through my clothes, separating the ones that are outdated and those that don't fit me anymore. It was tough parting with my favorite pieces, but it's a good excuse to go shopping for more! Unbelieveably, I have three tall kitchen bags full of clothes that I'm giving away to Goodwill.



Originally uploaded by Rho.
After doing a little "DDR" and eating a light lunch, I drove over to Castro St. Although the heart of Mountain View is only four blocks long, it's starting to become one of my favorite places to hang out at. I went to visit Global Beads. I've always known about the store, but it was only last Thursday did I go inside, dragging Sinta along. This store is huge compared to the other shops and restaurants on Castro. There are tables upon tables of beads--plastic ones, glass ones, beads made out of wood and bone, jade, carved jade, pearls, shells, silver charms, beads from Italy, China, Indonesia, and Africa. I could go on, but the list is too long. The store is pretty ecclectic. They also carry pre-made jewelry, wooden masks, furniture, stringing materials, and clothing. Anyway, ever since I made a necklace for my Cross pendant from Paris, I've been wanting to make more. So, I picked up some beads--one made of terra cotta--glass pendants, some satin string and fasteners. Just another hobby to keep me busy.


**Thank you, Baby, for the beautiful flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment