2009 In Review
Happy New Year, Everyone! As we ring in the new year, let's recap 2009.
1. The Wedding
The Hubster and I got married on January 10th in the Philippines. We flew out on New Year's Eve, and rang in 2009 somewhere over the Pacific Ocean. Even though the week before the wedding was hectic and stressful, the Big Day couldn't have been any more perfect! For our honeymoon, we visited the islands of Cebu and Bohol, since I, myself, have never visited other Philippine islands before. Afterwards, we flew to Hong Kong where I got to...
2. Complete My Disney Passport
After visiting Hong Kong Disneyland, I can say that I've visited every Disney Park in the world. We were there before Chinese New Year, so the park was decked in CNY decor. Mickey and friends were dressed in their Chinese costumes. It was pretty awesome.
3. SF Reception
In February, we had our stateside wedding reception in San Francisco for family and friends who weren't able to join us on our wedding day in the Philippines. Because we had a Filipiniana-themed wedding, the Hubster and I decided we'd represent his side by having a Chinese banquet.
4. Teh Kittehs
I've never considered myself a cat person until we adopted our first cat, Mayumi. The day after we landed from our honeymoon, the Hubster wanted to go to PetCo to see the kitties. Coincidentally, a rescue agency was there showcasing kittens and cats for adoption. We ended up taking Mayumi home that day. Two months later, Sera joined our family. I've been a cat-lover ever since.
5. The Hubster Goes Back To School
The Hubster decided to go back to school and get his Masters. To watch him juggle school and a full-time job, while finding free time to be with me, leaves me in amazement. We even managed to go away on small trips to Los Angeles and Arizona, as well as squeeze in several baseball games.
6. Ho'ike
The first season of our halau ended with our annual performance in August. My hard work paid off when I was asked to join the intermediate class of hula and Ori Tahiti.
7. Typhoon Pepeng
My parents were one of hundreds of thousands of families affected by Typhoon Pepeng. It's been over two months since then, and my parents are doing great. With the help of family and volunteers, the house is back to normal, and the yard is coming back to life with new flora.
8. Weddings
2009 seems to be the year for weddings. Congratulations to Cousin E and his new bride, who got married in September. And to C & R who tied the knot just last week!
That's it for 2009. It's been a good year. I hope 2010 will be a great one. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment