Sunday, November 15, 2009

If You Say It, Then Own It

If you've been following me for the last several years, you know that I've been battling with this high cholesterol. But, for the past couple of years, I've just kind of let everything fall in the wayside and eat with abandon. I haven't been working out as much as I used to, and should do. Hula and Ori Tahiti once a week for two hours just isn't enough. The Hubster and I try to walk around our neighborhood after dinner when we can, but not on a regular basis.

Lately, I've been thinking about setting a healthy goal for myself. It seems ambitious, even for my standards, but I figure, if others can do it, then I can, too. I've always wanted to run a marathon, and I know that involves training. It involves motivation and dedication. So, I've decided to start running again so that I can run in a half-marathon. It's an attainable goal for me, I think. I've kept it to myself, but recently shared it with the Hubster. The reason being, last year, I attended a coaching seminar, and the speaker said that when we set goals for ourselves, once we say it to others, we have to own up to it. We should follow through with our word. I'm a believer in that. And so, here I am telling you guys.

Starting tomorrow, for the next two weeks, I'll be working the early shift that will allow me to be home by 3pm. I think it's a perfect time to start walking, then eventually, start running. I hope I can do it.

Spring Cleaning in the Fall

This weekend, the Hubster and I have been decluttering and tidying up, one room at a time. So far, we've tackled the study and our bedroom. It's been a long time coming. It's funny because at work, I'm perceived as being neat and organized, but here at home, I got piles everywhere. Well, maybe not so much, but I have bills and statements that need to be filed away, and books and magazines that need to put back in their proper places. The kitchen is next up. We have dishes, glasses and a pots and pans set that we received as wedding gifts that we want to use. Right now, they're either sitting in the garage or in the formal room, piled with the other wedding gifts. Out of sight, out of mind, right? That's why I want to re-organize the kitchen and get our new stuff in. I'm still itching to try out my cake-decorating-rotating-cake stand.

Also, I should go through my shoes and get rid of the pairs I don't wear anymore. Unlike clothes, shoes are the hardest for me to get rid of because I always figure that they're either my favorite pair, or that they're "classics". Oh, well. I guess it would be a great excuse to buy more, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment