Monday, November 02, 2009

November 2

The house smells nice and buttery right now. I got custard mochi baking in the oven, recipe courtesy of one of my Plurk/Twitter buds. The weather's been pretty weird lately. We're already in November, and it was in the 80s today. I took advantage of the warm weather and went for a walk during my lunch break with a co-worker.

I can't believe how fast the year has gone. During this time last year, the Hubster and I were busy planning our wedding. We were so busy, I can honestly say that I can't tell you what we did for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't even remember. I just remember taking our Christmas tree and decorations down on the 26th because we were flying out to the Philippines on the 31st. Oh, yeah...and spending New Year's Eve at SFO because the Hawaiian Air flight we took sucked a seagull into one of the engines upon take-off, and we had to turn around, land, and wait another 12 hours for another flight that would take us to Manila. Anyway, I plan on enjoying the holiday season this year. Gift-giving will be a challenge this year, since money is tight right now. I'm trying to think of creative gifts to give. Baked goods? I dunno... we give baked goods every year, anyway. We'll see.

My parents are doing well since the flood a few weeks back. Thank goodness for relatives. The backyard is now leveled, and grass is being planted as I write this. The river dike should be done in about two weeks. I've been meaning to post "before and after" photos on flickr, but I'll get to it, eventually. Northern Luzon is bracing for another typhoon, and there's another one right behind it. It seems like there's a typhoon every week. I just pray that there won't be any repeat of what happened last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment