The Weekend Roundup
I barely made it to the one year mark of me quitting caffeinated coffee. I read some article last week that caffeinated coffee helps you lose/maintain your weight because it speeds up your metabolism. I don't know how true that is, but I started to drinking coffee again. For the past year, I've put on a significant amount of weight, but I swear I haven't done anything different in my diet or exercise. So, I declared to the Hubster that I'm going to start drinking coffee again. "Well, since we moved, your commute has gotten longer, so you sit in the car doing nothing. AND we haven't been that active. Remember when we used to go out for walks and runs at the park?" Okay, okay. So maybe I was just looking for some sort of excuse to drink coffee again. My doctor won't be so happy about that.
Anyway, I got an email from The Hubster's cousin today. He and his fiancee are going to participate in one of the B.ay Area's half marathons in a couple of months, and he was asking other family members if we'd like to join them. Cousin W said that whoever reaches the finish line first will buy the group a round of drinks. Hahaha. Easy. Anyway, I have to confirm with the Hubster, but I think we're going to do it. That means, serious training starts tomorrow. Cousin W forwarded a training schedule that seems really doable. The training will also help me lower cholesterol. It's a never-ending battle that has fallen to the wayside.
Remember my arm/wrist injury? I've already completed 12 sessions of physical therapy, but I'm still feeling some pain in the neck and shoulder area. The next step? Acupuncture. I've never experienced it before, and I understand it's only a temporary solution to the pain. My friends and co-workers swear by it, so we'll see. My first session is tomorrow after work.
Since the Hubster is back in school, TV time has decreased significantly. You can find me sitting next to him on the couch playing on my laptop. I really should use the time to read my many unread books on my shelf instead of playing on the social networking sites that I'm on. Or, I could practice my k.ahiko. I'm so proud of myself because I was able to record a clean recording of our K.umu chanting our mele, so now I can practice at home. I can't tell you how much I love dancing. Just love, love, love it! Sometimes, my hula sis will come over to practice. Most of the time, it takes at least two of us to get the steps down, to fill in the gaps the other may have missed. We already have the date for our annual performance, and K.umu was able to secure an awesome venue in SF.
The rain has let up, and the afternoon sun is peeking out of the clouds. I'm going to enjoy the rest of this lazy afternoon...
No comments:
Post a Comment