Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday's Flow

I'm late, once again, posting this week's edition. Well, it's still Friday here on my side of the world. Have a wonderful weekend!

1. "WTF?! Internet Addiction Nominated For Entry in the Manual of Mental Disorders". Hi, my name is Rhoda, and I'm a web addict. Omigosh, I think I have these symptoms. If internet abuse is added to the journal, do you realize how many of us would be diagnosed with it?

2. "An A+ For Pinoy BBQ". World-renowned barbecue expert Steven Raichlen gives Filipino grilling two thumbs up. Aside from the grilling, he also notes our unique marinades not seen in other parts of Asia. Yeah, you know how we do!

3. "10 Things You Didn't Know About Mr. Wizard". I remember watching his show on Nickelodeon as a kid. I became more interested in science, and even did a few experiments at home. As an adult, I think of him every now and then when I see a glass of iced water, knowing that when the ice melts, the liquid won't overflow. Or when I'm washing dishes, I'll add a drop of liquid soap to the dirty dish water and watch it dispel the grease.

4. "Anatomie Gummi Bår". Did you know gummi bears have organs and bones?

5. <"Beloved Characters As Reimagined for the 21st Century". TMNT, Strawberry Shortcake, and other fictional characters are getting facelifts to keep up with the times. Even Mickey Mouse may receive a makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment