Happy Friday! Tomorrow is summer solstice; the sun will set at 8:33pm. Have to make sure to be outside to enjoy the long daylight hours.
On with the routine...
1. "Gag Pens Help Prevent Unwanted Theft". My co-workers will tell you that I can be very protective with my pens. Call me a "pen snob", but I can't write with the Papermate pens they provide for us at work. The pen has to write well. We do have inadvertent pen stealers, as well as those who are well-aware that some of us do label our pens with our names, and they take our pens anyway! I heard this dialogue at work one day:
Co-worker 1: Hey, that's my pen you're using. My name is on it.
Co-worker 2: I know, buy it fits well in my hand.
Actually, I don't think these pens would work; however, they'd be fun to have around the department.
2. Japan Makes Robot For Lonely Men. "She's very lovable and though she's not a human, she can act like a real girlfriend," says a spokesperson from Sega Toys, developer of EMA (Eternal Maiden Actualization).
3. "Pregnancy Boom At Gloucester High". This has got to be the most absurd story I've read in a very long time. A group of girls, no older than 16, make a pact to get pregnant and raise their babies together. What?! Couldn't they have waited, say, ten more years to make this promise?
4. "Scientists Find Bugs That Eat Waste and Excrete Petrol". A company from the Silicon Valley is experimenting with genetically-altered bacteria that feed on waste and excrete crude oil. It hasn't been tested yet, but in due time. The biggest problem that the company faces is whether or not they will be able to produce this "renewable petroleum" on a global scale.
5. "Cuisipro® Ice Cream Scoop & Stack". Kitchen gadgets are cool, and I love ice cream. I'd like to have one of these!
6. "Vocabulary Lesson: Recessionista". Although I love to shop, I've never considered myself to be a fashionista. The reason being that, although I like treat myself to nice things sometimes, I buy my most of my clothes at inexpensive places like H&M, and discount stores like Marshalls. Even Target has cute clothing, especially since designers are selling their lines there. Rising costs make times tough, but shopping at places like these are easy on the pocketbook.
7. "Ninentendo Wall Decals". How cool would these decals be in a game room in your house?
8. "Filipinos Keep Traditional Bamboo Music Alive". One-hundred years ago, musicians performed music during the Katipuneros meetings, using bamboo instruments fashioned into brass and woodwind instruments. Today, the tradition and craftsmanship live on.
No comments:
Post a Comment