Friday, June 17, 2005

Pull Over, Fool!

I've always maintained that if you're going to use your cell phone while you're driving, then either use an earpiece or pull over. It's not worth raising the potential risks for vehicle accidents. I will admit that I didn't use an earpiece before. I'd be so engrossed in the conversation, that when I finally get to my destination, I'd wonder how I got there because I wouldn't remember the lights, the turns, and what not. Now, I keep an earpiece in my car, and I use it everytime I use my cell phone.

The reason why I'm writing about this is because there have been too many close calls on the road involving fools who are on their phones. I can write a long list of incidents, but I'll spare all of you. I will share a few, though. Just last night, when Sinta and I were driving back on 101 from Hukilau, some f***er on his cell phone cut us off. He didn't turn his head or anything before changing right into our lane. Because he was so engrossed in his conversation, he cut off another driver. Stupid ass. On another occasion, a driver in a big ass SUV nearly ran us onto the shoulder as we were coming onto the freeway. She was on her cell phone. More often than not, these close calls are caused by drivers on the cells.

It's amazing what people do on the road to save time. The more common one are those who read maps or newspapers and men shaving. But no one has topped the lady I saw next to me at an intersection. She was brushing her teeth, and then she spit into a mug.

TGIF!

Yes! Another Friday is here! I can't believe how fast the week went. Around this time, last Friday, Sinta and I were driving along Hwy 152 on our way to Disneyland. We hit traffic on the two-lane stretch of highway (just a part of it), and we were there for about an hour. It was insane.


Hwy. 152
Originally uploaded by Rho.

Although this picture serves no justice, there is a line of cars in front of the Volvo moving slowly along the highway.


Ho Hum
Originally uploaded by Rho.

To beat the boredom blues, I took pictures of the meadows and garlic fields down below while talking to Sinta and singing along to Craig David.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment