Lost Girl
I woke up early this morning for a 7am meeting at work. I thought I was running late, so instead of going to our department, I went straight to the building where the meeting would take place. When I got there, it was just the doctor setting up her Power Point presentation. My manager, supervisor, and coworkers weren't there yet. The doc and I waited for almost ten minutes. All of a sudden, I hear this buzz coming from the hallway, and when they entered the room, the commotion started: (All at the same time.) "Here she is!", "How did you know that the meeting would be here?", "We were looking for you.", "We were worried that you'll show up at your regular time instead." And they were all laughing. I think they got a kick out of the whole situation. I do know my way around the facility.
I later found out that the staff gathered at our department. When I wasn't there, they started pointing fingers at each other trying to find out if anyone had informed me at all about this meeting. Our manager told me about it a few days ago.
When they didn't show up on time, I had a feeling that they were all waiting for me.
Pass the Tissue, Please!
Man, my allergies are at its worst for the season thus far. For the past three days, my throat's been sore and scratchy. I thought I was coming down with a cold, but the symptoms get worse at night--the same allergy symptoms my co-workers get. Right now, my eyes are burning, my nose is congested, and my throat is scratchy. On top of that, I'm sneezing like crazy! I had to look up the allergy index in our area. The pollen level is up there. Darn grass and juniper trees!
TGIF!!
It's Friday once again! I hope everyone has a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment