Another One For the Pinoys!
I subscribe to certain sections of our local newspaper via email, and I received one for "Food & Wine". There's a full feature article about Danilo "Danny" Villamin, the Filipino entrepreneur of . Back in 1972, during the Marcos stronghold of martial law, Danny and his pregnant wife fled to the Bay Area with only $75 to their name. He bought a ranch, and decided to plant cabernet sauvignon grapes--going against the advice of experienced vitners. What's great is that Eden Canyon Vineyards is the only Filipino-American winery in the country! And, it's operated by Danny's family--himself, his wife, and his two daughters. If you check out their site, you'll find a charming story about their humble beginnings, to upcoming events and cute contests.
FYI:
1. At the 2005 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, the 2003 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon won the silver, while the 2002 Paso Robles Cab won the bronze.
...and...
2. The 2002 cab was chosen to be part of the 47th Grammy's Award Presenter's and Performers Gift Baskets. That's just too cool!
Now I can have some cab with my adobo!
A Close Call
I damn near hit a little dog on my way home this afternoon. I was turning left onto our street, when all of a sudden, I see this tiny, tiny pomeranian-chihuahua mix (I think) run across my car. I screeched to a halt, and he stopped right in front of my car, with his ears perked up. The dog was so close, I amost hit him with the left, front corner of my car. I reached home, and parked my car. I wasn't exactly sure whether or not the dog was okay. I was positive that I didn't hit him--I didn't feel or hear anything if I did. But I had to go back to make sure that he was okay. And when I did, he was prancing around his owner's front lawn. Goodness...
No comments:
Post a Comment