Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Sweet Memories and Palm Pilots

I was talking on the phone this afternoon with one of my bestest friends, Feebz. She's my soul sister. We met in college in Baguio and became fast friends. We made it a point to meet at least once a week--usually, every Friday night for dinner with my bro, and our friends Jam, Nhors, and JR. It was something to look forward to during the school week. Racing up the hill to "Steaks and Toppings" every Friday at 6pm was, what Jam said, "reaching the Promised Land". These get-togethers were what saved us from academic insanity. And we didn't just meet on Fridays. We met up whenever we could--for meryenda, the movies, coffee and hot chocolate at the cafe, anything. And we'd talk for hours and hours...

Anyway, Feebz and I caught up little bit on each other's lives. We started talking about "to-do" lists, and she goes, "You know, I tried to go hi-tech and bought myself a palm. It only lasted me a month and a half. I walked into the store, and bought me a $1.35 planner."

"I know! Me, too! I bought a palm, too, and it only lasted me a couple of months! And then after this New Year, I bought a notebook planner from Wal-Mart!" I said.

"I like to see the whole calendar in front of me," Feebz added.

Me, too.

I don't know about you, but I have to have certain dates and appointments color-coded. And you gotta have them stickers, too!

She ended up giving her palm to her husband who was more than happy to use it.

One day, I pulled out my planner from my purse, and Sinta exclaimed, "What is that thing?!" Mind you, my planner is about 4"x6". Sinta has his handy dandy 2-in-1 phone.

"I think it's a girl thing," my bro says to me, playing on his Blackberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment