Local Kine Grindz
Sinta and I went to Hukilau last night. It was even better this time around. Every night, they offer some sort of special. Pupus and cocktails are half off on Thursday nights. After we finished off the ahi poke and Wicked Wahine we proceeded with dinner. Sinta had the Hukilau Chicken--tender chicken pieces glazed with shoyu sauce and sesame seeds. I had the chicken katsu. For a restaurant that is among many restaurants on the block, Hukilau is quite the meeting place for friends to meet, and co-workers to relax over cocktails after a long day. The restaurant certainly lives up to it's motto: Aloha Served Here. The staff is super friendly--it reminds me of how casual and friendly people are in Hawaii.
There was so much food left over. I had leftovers for lunch today, and for dinner. Ugh...
Getting Crafty
Tonight, I tried my hand at making a choker. I have a glass Cross pendant that's been sitting on the desk for some time now. I got it in France from Sacre-Couer. Well, after getting my fix at Target, I went straight to the craft store to buy some cord and clasps. The only other experience I've had making something like this was a beaded bracelet. Of course, I had some help from the lady at the bead kiosk who helped me clamp down the coils at each end of the bracelet. Tonight, I was on my own, and needless to say, the coils were too hard to pinch, even with needle-nose pliers. In the end, I was able to clamp down on those buggers, but they didn't come out the way I wanted them to. I could be anal about it and start all over again, but I won't. I've waited too long to make this necklace.
Where's Spring?
It was pouring cats and dogs this morning when I left for work...and it hasn't stopped. With rain here for the next few days and snowdrifts in Minnesota, when will Spring finally arrive and stay?


No comments:
Post a Comment