THE WEEK IN REVIEW...
NO KRYSPY KREME: I woke up on Friday to find my answering machine blinking. Sure enough, it was my doctor who left a message at 7:30am regarding my blood test results. Throughout the morning, we played phone tag until we finally got a hold of each other around lunch time. Just as I had suspected, my cholesterol level did increase. Boo! She wanted to start me on meds, but I pleaded against it, and she finally agreed to let me go on the diet again. I mean, yes, I slacked off on the diet, but dieting improved my level, then I should work again, right?
DISNEYLAND REVISTED: I left work early that day because Sinta and I were driving down to visit Mickey and his friends again. We got there fairly early, and we had dinner at ESPN Zone. We had to wait for our table for about an hour, so we headed to the second level to play games. As always, we played our games of Daytona USA and basketball. I'm not such a girlie girl, am I, Sinta? I can hold my own! j/k! Finally, we went downstairs to our table and ordered dinner. We tried to pick healthy dishes--me with my penne and sun-dried tomato sauce, and him with broiled salmon on a bed of rigatoni and red sauce.
We started out early on Saturday. We walked through the park gates around 9am. Hand in hand, we fought through the crowds to get to the Peter Pan ride, only to find a long-ass line. It was definitely worth the wait, though. We also visited other attractions we didn't see the last time we were there--Pirates of the Caribbean Star Wars Tours, and It's a Small World. I have to say, though, that "It's a Small World" is still my all-time favorite. It was really nice that we got to enjoy the day without rushing through the parks and fighting crowds.
SANTA MONICA: On our way home on Sunday, we stopped by Santa Monica for a couple of hours. We walked through the Promenade, briefly watching the street performer and his monkey as we passed by. The cool breeze was very inviting, and I just wanted to fall asleep. We didn't enter any of the chain stores--well, maybe except for the Gap because I had to get my purse fix. We looked around this shop that carries collectables and we looked at the old Star Wars action figures and some Robotech ones as well. Our tummies started growling, so we headed to the mall to get our lunch on. Sinta had a cheeseburger while I had my garden burger. No fries. Who said you have to have fries with your burger? I was pretty satisfied without it. Wait...did I actually write that?
SPRING BREAK?!: When we got home, I checked my email to see if my instructor responded to my email because I didn't attend class last Monday. He said he was going to email our midterm exam. I was wondering how come he just couldn't give it to us during class on Monday. Then it dawned on me...spring break! It's a good thing I checked my email; otherwise, I would've drove all the way to Mission for nothing.
So on Monday after work, Sinta and I headed to Blockbuster. We made a pit stop first to Jamba Juice to settle my smoothie cravings. Sinta ordered the 50-50, which isn't on the menu anymore. It's a good thing that one of the guys there remembered the recipe. It's almost like the "Orange A-Peel", except that the 50-50 isn't tart and it's deliciously creamy! Think Orange Julius. It tasted so good that Sinta and I were literally grabbing the drink out of each other's hands. Why we only ordered one, I don't know! Lol! After renting "American Wedding" and a street soccer game for Xbox, we headed to Golden Phoenix, an Asian grocery store close to the apartment. I think we will be frequenting this store because of all the goodies they carry. There, we bought bihon noodles and veggies for pancit. We finally head home to cook and had dinner with my brother while we watched the movie. "American Wedding" isn't exactly like the previous "Pie" movies, but funny nonetheless. I have to watch the seen again where the boys go to Chicago and Stifler and that gay dude have a dance-off to some 80s tunes at a gay bar. Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven Is a Place On Earth"? Now that's the jam! I was laughing so hard during the whole scene that my eyes were clouded in tears that I didn't see it in its entirety.
MY SUNSHINE: Sinta's gone for a couple of days to take care of some things, and he's where I'd rather be. "It's not pair!" Can you see my pout?! But he'll be home tomorrow, and I can't wait. He'll probably come home more tanned than I am. Now that wouldn't be fair! Just kidding, baby...
No comments:
Post a Comment