Monday, July 28, 2008

One Month Later...

I've been uninspired to keep up with my blog. I've made several attempts lately to try and blog, but I just can't seem to finish the entries. Anyway, besides work, here's what's going on with me as of late:

Wedding Planning:

It's crunch time, you guys. I'm starting to get a little stressed out since our wedding is only about five months away. What makes it a little difficult is that we're having it in the Philippines. Thank goodness for phones/email/text/chat/internet. We have a coordinator there to help us, and that makes the whole planning process much easier.

My wedding gown designer, who's in Manila, and I finally agreed on a design. I wanted my gown to have a Filipiniana touch to it, and made of piña and detailed with traditional embroidery. If you're not familiar with piña, it's hand-woven fabric made of pineapple leaves. Originally, WGD (wedding gown designer) suggested a detachable top to the gown that resembles the Filipina terno--the tall, butterfly sleeves. Although it's beautiful, it's a little too old-fashioned for me. It's so not me. BUT, the gown itself is beautiful. So much so, that I can't stop thinking about it! So I tell him I love the gown, but don't like the top. I even give suggestions to revise the top. He replies, "As I've said before, you'll wear the top during your ceremony, then you'll take it off during the reception." What the heck? Who's the bride here? Him or me?! I do not want to look like Imelda, nor am I tall and slender enough to pull that look off. I emailed him back, and stated that it's not what I have in mind, and the last thing I want to be is uncomfortable on my wedding day. He gets back to me almost immediately, and says, "Okay, I'll sketch you a revision within the next few days." Just like that.

So, I received the revised sketch yesterday. He did away with the terno design, and gave the top part of the gown a more contemporary feel. And, it's so my style! I love it! I couldn't be happier with my gown. I'd love to post it here, but I don't want J to see it!

There's still so much more to do...

Hula:

One night a week is dedicated to hula/ori tahiti class. I'm enjoying every minute of it. My Wednesdays are relatively long days for me, but it's definitely a good break from my daily routine.

So, um, in conclusion, the things that are keeping me preoccupied are wedding planning, hula class, and more wedding planning. Oh, Twitter and Plurk keeps me busy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment