Monday morning greeting us with strong gusts of wind. Sinta, his parents, and I planned to go to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. You ride in one of the world's largest rotating tramcars, and ascend two and a half miles into the San Jacinto mountains. Sounds exciting, right? As we were driving down the highway into Palm Springs, we got caught in the middle of a sandstorm. Our rental van rocked back and forth as we heard swoosh, swoosh, swoosh across the car's hood. That would be the sand. Here's what the sandstorm looked like, though it doesn't do any justice:
I made a quick phone call to the Tramway to ask if they were still open despite the winds. I was told that they are tucked within a canyon, so it was safe. The gal was right. It wasn't windy at all.
Check out the photos:
At the top, we did a little hiking along one of the trails that led us to breathtaking views of the mountain range and the desert cities below.


No comments:
Post a Comment