Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday's Flow

I'm going to try something new here. Every Friday, I will post links to news articles that have caught my eye during the week. You'll find a mix of topics, ranging from the mundane to oddities, from entertainment and lifestyle to current events and editorials. I hope you enjoy the new edition to this blog.

Here goes...

1. "Bay Area Broadcasting Legend Says Farewell". Ending his 40-year tenure at KTVU, Dennis Richard signed off for the last time on May 21, 2008. I've always been a stickler for fair and objective journalism, and he epitomized those values when everyone else forgot.

2. "Passenger Satisfaction Hits Lowest Point Since 2002". Aha! I knew Sinta and I weren't the only travelers in the world who had a bad experience with US Airways. You may recall that this airline left a bad taste in our mouths. Glad to know we're not the only ones.

3. "Arroyo Okays 1Billion Pesos For Fuel-Effecient PUVs". Can we expect a hybrid jeepney in the near future? Probably not, but this is a huge step from the country's days of smoke-belching vehicles.

4. "XBox Live Thinks One Name Is Offensive, Rock Band Says Another Isn't Classy". Geeze, I wonder if "RhoRho's Flow" is offensive?

5. "5-Million Piece LEGO Boulder Chases Indy, Crashes Into Car". I've seen some interesting things in San Francisco, but nothing quite like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment