Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dirty Laundry

One of the downsides (among others!!!) of renting an apartment is sharing the laundry room with the other tenants. Our complex is relatively small with about 30 units, and among these units, we all have to share 4 washers and 4 dryers. Other families take their laundry to nearby laundromats. For the most part, the tenants keep track of their laundry, and are considerate about not leaving their loads in the machines. For others, they line up several loads so that no one else can use the machines. Imagine lugging your heavy basket of dirty clothes to the laundry room, only to meet your neighbor sporting her fanny pack full of quarters, and beside her are loads and loads of clothes. She smirks and says, "Heh heh...it's all full." It will take her all day to finish. Maybe I'm too nice, but when I have more than four loads, I do give way to my neighbors so they can get in a couple loads, too.

With Sinta at work today, I had my day all planned out: Wake up early to do laundry, make some breakfast, and clean the apartment, then head out to Castro Street for Mountain View's annual A La Carte and Art, which kicks of the Bay Area's festival season.

Of course, I couldn't get myself out of bed as early as I planned to. So as I'm writing this entry, I'm waiting for the washers to be available. Sucks. I may just wait to do the laundry early this evening.

Back To Reality

It's been four days since we got back from our trip to Palm Desert. It was nice to get away and relax for a few days. I would like to have stayed for a couple more days, but with our wedding coming up, I'm trying to save my PTOs (paid time off) at work. I will post pictures of our trip later, along with some stories of our days in the desert (ever driven through a sand storm before?).

No comments:

Post a Comment