Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chocolate Fudge Sundae Will Make Me Feel Better

Nausea. Dizziness. Ughh! I'm at home sick. And I rarely get sick. So what am I doing blogging? Because I'm bored, and I can't sleep (I slept in). I figure that as long as I stay vertical and propped up on a pillow, I won't be as nauseous.

Earlier, while I was eating my childhood comfort food of chicken-flavored Top Ramen with milk, I was flipping through the TV channels to see what daytime TV had to offer. I came across this show called "Wedding Altered" on the Style Network. In the episode that I'm watching now, the couple is getting married in two weeks. The show gives them $15,000 to plan the wedding and the reception. The twist: The groom plans it all by himself, down to the last detail (with guidance from the show's wedding planner)--from the locale to the bride's gown, to the flowers and the catering. The groom can get help from a friend or family member he chooses, while the bride does the same. But ultimately, the groom makes all the final decisions. The bride has no say whatsoever.

Whoa...I don't think I could handle that! Not that I don't trust Sinta if he had to do all our planning, but he knows how I get when I'm not happy. LOL! Just kidding...maybe...

Our Wedding Plans

I have a stack, and I mean a tall stack, of bridal magazines here that I've started to peruse through. I first time I cracked one open, I was overwhelmed from all of the details (budget, gown, colors, flowers, locales, cakes, etc) that I stopped looking at the magazines for a while. Whew! To make it easier, I bought a 3-ring binder and page protectors to keep my magazine clippings and notes for our wedding planning.

Last month, we attended a bridal fair in Pleasanton to check out the various vendors for photgraphy, videography, bridal gowns, cakes, and all that good stuff. Again, I was overwhelmed. This prompted us to finally sit down, and pick a wedding date and location. I can't announce it yet as it is quite premature, but I can tell you that it will be a destination wedding.

Our editing job is beginning to wind down, and when that's done, we can start to really plan our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment