Monday, February 05, 2007

My Beloved Philippines 2

Here are more photos as promised...

The Philippines '07


Taking a Hiatus

Not from blogging. This time, it's from hula. It was a last minute decision that I had to make. It was actually one of the more spontaneous decisions I've made in a very long time. Right now, there are other things going on in my life that I just needed to prioritize things. Between school and working full time, I didn't think I could fully commit to hula.

I didn't think telling my kumu would be hard. But walking into the halau, I felt nervous. I said my hellos to my hula sisters who were present, and walked up to our kumu to tell her that I would be taking a break from dancing. Without hesitation, she assured me that it was okay. I ended up crying. As much as I felt anxious and nervous going to class every week, it was also heartbreaking to tell the my class. Despite the sadness and regret that I felt standing in front of them telling them of my decision, I cannot explain the love and support I felt at the same time from each and every one.

I tell myelf every once in a while that I'm just taking a break. I promised them that I'd continue to be involved in the activities. And hopefully, when I return, I'll return with a renewed appreciation of the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment