Sunday, February 18, 2007

Gung Hay Fat Choy!



Alice's Omellette, An Eccletic Haunt, and Fast Fingers

Last Saturday, the 10th, the Bay Area woke up to cloudy skies and light rain. Lil' Brudder had invited Sinta and I to join him for brunch at this place that he discovered while driving through Skyline Boulevard. Alice's Restaurant is nestled in the hills of a quaint town called Woodside. Though it's only about 20 minutes away, its scenery is a far cry from the madness of the Peninsula and the South Bay. As wet, foggy and dreary as it was, I thought it was the perfect setting for the locale.
I felt like I was in a whole different town, with the local folk meeting with one another to chat over a cup of coffee and toasted English muffins. On the other side of the spectrum, hikers, tourists, and motorcycle enthusiasts travelling on Skyline stop here to rest. We opted to dine out on the covered patio which overlooked a sprawling lawn surrounded by coastal redwoods. I was bummed that I didn't bring my camera to take some shots. I had to make do with my camera phone.

The three of us spent the rest of the day in San Francisco. We had an early dinner at El Toreador--one of my favorite places to dine at in the City. This Mexican restaurant is a colorful free-for-all. From the hand-painted chairs to the kitchy adornments hanging from the ceiling, there are enough visual distractions to keep you busy while you wait for your food. Every time I come here, I find something new. Imagine dining inside a pinata. So much so when you're buzzing from that mojito.

Afterwards, we picked up Sinta's brother before we headed to the Palace of Fine Arts to see...none other than the ukulele virtuoso himself, Jake Shimabukuro.

This was our second time seeing him in concert. We also got to meet him again in person. This time around, we recognized him! Listening to him play is one thing, but to watch him play with his lightning-speed fingers...that's another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment