Long overdue...

The Philippines
Originally uploaded by Rho.
I'd Rather Spend My Money On Something Else
My Honda's still windowless. Yesterday afternoon, I called around to find a glass shop who can offer me the lowest price to replace the back window. Mind you, I'm not going to take the lowest offer if the shop sounds kinda sketchy, if you know what I mean. I called five glass auto shops, and between the highest offer and the lowest, the difference is about $110. My comprehensive deductible on my auto insurance is higher than how much I would spend to pay out-of-pocket for a new window. In other words, I'm not going through my insurance. I settled for a shop that offered a more than reasonable price, and booked an appointment for Saturday. Because I will be at work, I gave them Sinta's name and number, since he will be available then to make sure the job's done. Conveniently, they're mobile, so they'll be coming to the apartment complex to do the repairs.
Turned out that one of the guy's at the shop called Sinta this afternoon, asking where he is. The guy was supposedly here, ready to fix the car. But of course, neither of us was around, because it wasn't booked for today! Sinta told me that they had an argument about this misunderstanding. I know I confirmed the schedule a few times with E at the shop before I got off the phone. If they don't show up on Saturday, then I guess I have to shop around again for a new shop.
No comments:
Post a Comment