Saturday, March 11, 2006

Forget Reality TV...

It's been years since I had a regular TV show that I watch religiously. Today, there's a handful of programs I watch, if I happen to catch them at a right time. Nowadays, there's only one program that I'll watch...religiously.

Within two days of coming back from the Philippines, I ordered TFC and GMA--two major television networks in the Philippines--from our local cable company. I've heard people say that TFC's programming is corny and cheesy (I admit, I'm not excluded from that). So what if the scantily clad dancers of a noontime variety show perform a carefully choreographed interpretative dance number of Snoop Dogg's "Drop It Like It's Hot"? Who cares if the actors of a comedy sitcom start laughing in the middle of delivering their lines? It's genuinely funny, ala "Saturday Night Live".

Twelve years ago, it was part of my means of learning Tagalog. What better way to learn the Mother Tongue than to listen to conversational Tagalog? Now, TFC is my source of Philippine current events and the latest showbiz balita. But, I digress...

Back to television habits, the only show I watch regularly is Gulong Ng Palad. It's one of those addicting evening teleserya, or soap operas, that if you were back in my town in Pangasinan, the streets would be quiet because every man, woman, and child are in their respective homes watching the drama unfold. Originally, the storyline was made for a radio program back in 1949. Then, it became a movie and TV series in 1979. Now, it's back with a fresh and modernized twist, but the original plot still withstanding. It's about a rich guy who falls in love with a poor, provinicial lass. Cliche, yes...but it still pulls on your heart strings nonetheless. Siyempre, nandoon yung mga contrabida...and if your're like me, you'll love the drama.

If It Snowed In San Francisco...

When I woke up this morning, I actually looked out the window to see if it snowed overnight. I lucked out...

No comments:

Post a Comment