Saturday, February 25, 2006

I'm Basket Case. Can't You Tell?

I've been having some pretty crappy days lately that I'm beginning to wonder if I'm reaching that point of being burned out. Burned out from what? From this crazy schedule that I've been trying to pull off since August.

Maybe I'm just PMSing? Or could it be that I'm just selfish, and that I want things to go my way?

Or am I being sensitive now with people who try to belittle me? I am not the jaded person I used to be when I was that fearless journalism student in college.

Maybe that's it. There's something that's missing in me. It's that passion...that drive to do something you love. For me, that would be my love for writing. Somehow, it all got lost in this crazy mix that I call my life. I have at least two journals that I keep where I used to write down my thoughts, and sometimes, in the form of poetry. Aside from the personal side of writing, I will write editorials and feature writing pieces...anything.

Don't get me wrong, I love blogging. I do it to keep in touch with friends and family, but what I write about and how I write go much deeper than this.

I can go back and forth on how I'm feeling right now. What it is, I think, is that I need to make time for myself, to reflect, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment