Last night, Sinta and I were at In & Out after my hula practice. I was savoring my freshly cooked, juicy hamburger, dripping with that sweet dressing when...
Me: Dammit!!
Sinta: Aww...you dropped the last bite of your burger...
M: You know how it is when you're eating something that tastes so good, that when you're down to the last bite, you want to savor it...I think I forgot what my burger tasted like!!
Of Comedic Salesladies and Pens
I worked over the weekend, but I was happy to have Monday, President's Day, off. So how did I spend it? I started my morning by driving over to Peet's for some coffee. Then I headed over to Michael's to get my yarn fix. And talking about getting my fix...I drove down to Santana Row to pay homage to my stationary store Mai Do. If you don't know, I LOVE pens!!...especially Japanese-made ones. Gel pens, roller-ball tip pens in various ball point sizes...black, blue, orange, fuschia, violet...mechanical pencils in different barrel sizes and colors, keychain pens...I can easily drop lots of money down for them. When I buy pens, I'm actually inspired to write snail mail letters, and do homework! Scary, yeah?
After getting high on stationary, I went across the street to Valley Fair for some shopping. I went to Macy*s looking for a jewelry box, when, among the bargain-hunters, I finally tracked down a saleslady.
Me: Um, excuse me...where can I find the jewelry boxes?
Saleslady: Jewelry box? What's that for?
M: (giving her a puzzled look) Where...I...keep...my...jewelry...
S: Does Macy's have jewelry boxes?
M: I dunno...that's why I'm asking you.
Bizarre. And she works in the jewelry department. Needless to say, I didn't find any...anywhere in the mall! Slightly discouraged, I decided to try and lift my spirits by clothes shopping. That'll make a girl happy any day.
On the phone with Sinta...
Sinta: Have fun shopping!
Me: I wish you were here with me.
S: To help you shop?
M: No, to carry my bags.
S: What a princess!!
M: Just kidding!! I luuuuv yooooou!!
I went home with a dress and gaucho pants. I wasn't exactly motivated to buy the cute spring clothes since it's still too damn cold here. A few days ago it actually snowed out here at the 1000-ft elevation. It was such a rare sight. The snow on the mountain tops lasted for only 1-2 days, but pretty nonetheless. Anyway, that's how I spent my only day off. One more day would've been perfect...but who am I to complain, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment