Monday, July 04, 2005

A Heart Attack Waiting To Happen

I've been working on my take-home psych exam for a few hours now. I have to take a break.

This morning, I was watching "Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest" on ESPN. Homeboy Takeru Kobayashi, who looked like he recently beefed himself up, won the competition eating 49 hot dogs. Right next to him at the table was the small-framed Asian girl who amazingly downed 36 hot dogs that placed her in second! She is also the "Cheesecake Champion"--she ate 10 lbs. of cheesecake in 9 minutes. I love me some cheesecake, but damn! I couldn't possibly eat even half a pound! Joey Chestnut, a local boy from San Jose, earned third with 32 hot dogs. The commentator described San Jose as "asparagus country". Not even close, pal.

I'm feeling nauseous just thinking about the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment