Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Summer's Here

It was beautiful this past weekend. The sky was clear--not a cloud in the sky, and the temps were in the 80s. It was a welcoming change from the rains we've had in the past months.

A La Carte & Art. On Sunday, Sinta and I went out to enjoy the afternoon. We didn't know what to do, but we knew we wanted boba. So, we headed out to Castro St. As we crossed the expressway, we noticed that Castro was closed to traffic. Talk about perfect timing. I thought it was the annual wine festival, but it was the A La Carte & Art festival. This is where artists from the West come to show off their handmade unique arts and crafts. After we got our boba, we strolled down a few blocks lined with booths filled with paintings and landscape photography, jewelry, household decor, clothing, and other goods. Not to mention, there was live music and food booths. Sinta and I snacked on banana and Nutella crepes, and grilled corn on the cob while we listened to the live band.

Don't Look! As we strolled up the last block, we noticed a booth selling custom-fit toe rings. We looked at the case, and Sinta pointed out a pulmeria band toe ring. Very cute! And cute it was! The thing was, in order for me to try it, the vendor had to try the ring on my toe. But first, let me tell you a little bit about me and my feet: I am very self-conscious about my feet. If I see you looking at them, I will curl my toes. It took me a while before I started wearing sandals and such. Anyway, with some hesitation, I put my foot on the stool and let the vendor fit the ring on my toe. I tell you, I was sweating bullets--I don't let anybody touch my feet. After a few more fittings, he found the right size. So now, here I am with a brand spanking new plumeria toe ring. I think the experience cured me from my self-conscious feet thing. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment