Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Monterey, the Boonies, and the Outlets

I just want to sprawl on the couch right now, but I thought I'd update this blog first. I've been feeling tired lately, especially around this time. I'm not sure if it's because I'm adjusting to this new job, or that I have to wake up at 6:45am to get ready for work.

Anyhoo, Sunday went a little something like this:

Sinta and I drove out to Monterey Bay that morning. Seeing that we have memberships to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, we thought we'd take advantage of the free entrance and the warm sunny weather. We were just as amused watching the excited children as we were with the aquarium exhibits. Afterwards, we walked a block down Cannery Row. We went inside Bargetto Winery for wine tasting. This was my first wine tasting experience, and I always imagined that I'd do this in Napa, but it was fun. Sinta and I tried two reds and two dessert wines. Although I love my wines, and I know what I like, I'm not a wine connoisseur. I tried to use wine tasting words like tannic, round, bouquet, long-lasting, like I knew what I was talking about...lol! Needless to say, we left with a bottle each of a red and a dessert wine.

We left Monterey by mid afternoon, without first buying a quarter pound of rocky road fudge. We drove up the coastal freeway until we had to exit onto the highway junction headed to Gilroy. After several miles, traffic came to a halt, and we could see the vehicles snaking through the hills. Not a good sign, so we took a detour headed towards where we thought was Watsonville. We didn't mind the drive at all through the boonies, er, countryside. We drove through an agricultural town called Pajaro, population 3,384. We found out today that the traffic was due to a major auto accident arising from road rage.

Our last stop was at the outlets in Gilroy, just south of San Jose. I went on a little clothing shopping spree for work, and I found some great bargains. I also found cute things for the summer. Sinta's a great shopping companion--he helped me pick out my outfits! Thanks, Baby!

Now that I'm done, I can get ready for bed, lounge on the couch, and do some crossword puzzles. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment