Friday, May 20, 2005

Got Star Wars?

If you say that Star Wars is overrated, I'm going to have to kill you with my light saber. Wait, that wouldn't be the Jedi way, would it?

Stars Wars was such a big part of my childhood. I remember watching "Return of the Jedi" in the theater with my folks and my brother when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I had a crush on Luke Skywalker and had nightmares about Jubba the Hut. Even though the toys and action figures seemed to target boys, I still played with them. Barbie dolls were never a part of my toy box. I had my Princess Leia and Wicket the Ewok action figures. I attached them to string and hung them from my bro's At-At, or had them visit Yoda in his little cave. I had long hair back then, and my mom used to braid it and twist them into buns on the sides of my head. Some kid on the playground called me a boy, but I didn't care. I looked like Princess Leia. We even had a paperback-bound comic book of "Return of the Jedi". I wish we still had it around--how much would that fetch for on eBay?

Sinta and I didn't plan on watching the midnight premiere of "Episode III", much less talk about it. On Wednesday night, we did go out for dinner at Dave & Buster's. Since the theatres were right outside the mall, we decided to take a look at the line for Star Wars. There really wasn't much of a line, but then again, it was still early in the night. We then decided to go to the AMC Theatres at Mercado since it's like the place to go for food and movies. Maybe the crowd would be better. We weren't disappointed--people were walking around dressed like Anakin, Han Solo, Obi Wan, and Leia. A few guys were dueling with their light sabers. Sinta and I assumed that we wouldn't be able to get tickets, so we looked at the screenings of other movies. Much to our surprise, all 20 screens were going to show the movie. After much contemplation, we bought three tickets, and I called up my bro to join us. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait in a long line. We got to wait inside the theater for 3 hours. I even had a little power nap before the show.

Needless to say, we were not disappointed. The movie completely tied up everything from Episodes 4,5, and 6. The story was well written, and the action scenes were exciting. Oh, and Yoda...everytime he did some bad-ass thing with his Jedi powers, I'd look over at Sinta and say, "Yeeeah!"

Yoda rules!

Star Wars rules!

The Consequence

After the movie, I didn't fall asleep until past 4am. I had to get up at 6:45am for work. I didn't have time to make myself a jug of coffee to bring to work, so I had no choice but to buy a cup at work. By early afternoon, I was nodding off at my desk. Not a good thing, since my cubicle is right outside my supervisor's office. Regardless of all that, it was well worth it!

By the way, work is good. It's getting better and better as the days go by. I'm starting to get to know my co-workers better, and it sure does make work much more enjoyable.

* * * * * * * * * *


At work, I spend a lot of time on the phone, and for each call, I have to document the name of the person I spoke with and vice versa.

Representative: Can I get your name please?
Me: Rhoda.
R: That's spelled R-H-O-N-D-A?
M: No, R-H-0-D-A. Rhoda.
R: What? There's no N?
M: No. There is no N in Rhoda.

No comments:

Post a Comment