Late last night, my left ankle and foot started to cramp for no reason at all. Perhaps I did something stupid and clumsy without realizing it, but I can't recall anything. There was no swelling but it sure did feel like it was going to burst. I laid down in bed and elevated my foot, and I fell asleep like that. I woke up this morning feeling better, but I emailed my Kumu anyway, giving him a heads-up that I may night be in class tonight. He usually doesn't reply to my emails when I say that I will miss class for whatever reason, but this morning, he replied immediately with strict instructions to take care of my foot.
Throughout the day, I debated whether or not I should attend tonight's class because in a couple of weeks our halau, along with five other halaus in the Bay Area, will be performing at the S.F's Giants pre-game show. How awesome is that? And, our Kumu is coordinating the show. That's even more awesome. He started the choreography two weeks ago, and while a few of the dancers thought it was cheesy (it's not like we're putting on a big show), I thought it was cute and fun. I don't know how the other dancers feel, but I would love, love, love to dance on the field. Long story short, we were informed this afternoon that our halau can only have 35 dancers on the field, and Kumu emailed everyone and asked who would be interested to dance. With my ankle giving me problems, I don't think I'd be able to participate. I mean, here I am, parked on the futon with my foot elevated. So, I emailed my response as a "no". Sad face. It's okay, though. The Hubster, a couple of friends, and I will definitely be at that game.
With all this talk, online and offline, about burgers, the Hubster treated me to Five Guys to cheer me up since I've been kind of in a funk for the past couple of days. Poor guy. He puts up with my grumpiness, and he still takes me out to dinner so that I will feel better. Oh, but when I feel better, I'm not grumpy, and he's spared from my wraith. Hahaha. That's why he feeds me. "We need to feed you." Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment