Friday, August 06, 2010

I'm a Hair Farmer

Three years ago, I cut my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. Then I got engaged, and decided to grow my hair out for our wedding 18 months later. I also joined a new halau and kept my hair long for hula. Really, the only reason why I kept it long was for our annual performance, which past two weeks ago.



For weeks leading up to ho'ike, I contemplated on the idea of cutting my hair short again. I didn't want to just cut, say, 6 inches off. I might as well add 4 inches more to meet the minimum length for donation. And what about hula? Well, my hair grows fast, and there's always extensions. Plus, several girls performed this year with their short locks. When I called to book an appointment with my hairdresser, there was a slot available in two days. Without hesitation, I made an appointment for that time since it usually takes about a month to get in. Despite my feeling anxious about the haircut, I have not regrets cutting that much hair. It's for a good cause. I'm pretty satisfied with the end result:

No comments:

Post a Comment