The Latest...
The cold and rainy weather finally gave way to the much-anticipated warmth of spring. I love that the sun is setting later. I feel like I can accomplish more things when I come home from work, whether it be doing household chores (yeah, right), take walks around the neighborhood after dinner or run errands.
We've finally gotten around to organizing the house, and by that, I mean out with the old stuff and in with the new. And when I say "old stuff", I mean our mismatched dishes and glasses. After over a year, we've unpacked our wedding gifts and put them away where we can easily access them. We've also done "adult things", as the Hubster would say, such as custom framing one of the prints we bought awhile back, and actually hanging it in the living room downstairs. The living room is no longer a storage area since the boxes have been cleared (save for a couple of small ones that the cats like to play in). The room is starting to take on an Asian/tropical feel that I've envisioned it to be. The room centers around this bulky Chinese armoir we bought a few years ago. And quite honestly, this is the only room big enough to accommodate it without crowding the room. If the Hubster had his way, it would have been long gone by now.
With my parents hooked up to the online world, the ability to communicate with them has been a lot easier and more frequent. Needless to say, the vast ocean that separates us has, indeed, become a lot smaller. Last night, I Skype-d with them, my bro, and my nephew. As much as it felt like I was actually sitting there at the table on the porch with them, I missed them all the more. How does the saying go? So close, but yet so far? *sigh* Thank goodness for technology. I'll take what I can get if I can't fly home, right?
Baseball season is in full swing, and I've been diligently following most, if not all, of the Giants home and away games. Probably more so than the Hubster. The games haven't been this exciting in a long while. We've been to four games already in the last two weeks. It doesn't matter that some of these games fall on a week night. It totally breaks the monotony of the work week. We're trying to be frugal about the food, since ballpark food can leave quite a dent in your wallet. We've been bringing our own food (whether it be from home or store-bought), but sometimes the aroma of garlic fries and bacon-wrapped sausages win out. Gotta start working out again...
No comments:
Post a Comment