Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Of Baseball, Dance, and Smiles

This darned migraine is finally calming down. There's nothing like lounging on the couch in my sweats with a cat next to me, and watching the Giants game on TV. And speaking of baseball, my MIL got the the family's season tickets today. If you don't know, she is the biggest Giants fan I've ever met. Huge. She has a memorabilia collection any baseball fan would covet. This weekend, we'll be divvying up the games. So, from now till Saturday, the Hubster and I will look over the schedule to pick out the games we want. That doesn't mean we'll get those choice games. It all depends on the roll of the dice, and who gets to pick first.

Throughout the season, the Giants hold special events, such as Fili.pino Heritage Night, Ch.inese Heritage Night, Oktoberf.est, and so on. This year, they're bringing back Polynesian Heritage Night. Normally, it would just be another night with free offerings and such, but what's special about this event is that our K.umu will be coordinating and choreographing the event! How awesome is that?! There are three or four other ha.laus that are participating, but he says that we'll all be a part of the event in one way or another. I would love to be one of the lucky ones to dance on the ball field. But, I have a feeling that that's wishful thinking on my part. *sigh* My shoulder flared up a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't participate in hula class. I did, however, show up to class because we were learning a new dance. Then, last week, I busted my ass learning it to prove to K.umu that I can keep up, and that I am still serious about hula. I guess I just don't want him to lose that confidence he had in me last season.

Believe it or not, I'm still maintaining my smile journal. There are have been nights where I was just too tired to write, but I forced myself to log in an entry because if I didn't, it would be the start of many missed entries. It would just be another failed project of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment