Monday, April 05, 2010

Smile

Saw the WC doctor today for the usual follow-up. Despite all of the physical therapy sessions, exercises, and acupuncture, my symptoms are still there. She released me under "per.manent and stationary". In other words, this injury is permanent. My case will stay open for life, and I can go to her for any flare-ups in the future. *sigh* The insurance authorized two pieces of home physical therapy equipment to help me with my exercises; hopefully, it'll alleviate some of my discomfort. I just have to remember to do the exercises.

A few weeks ago, my co-worker started a thank-you journal. Everyday, she writes down five things she is thankful for. I started it, too, but it didn't last long. I had the usual: I'm thankful for my job, health, my hubby, etc. After a few days, I was stumped, and my entries started to sound redundant. The Hubster suggested that I write down five things that make me smile, instead of keeping a gratitude journal. I've been doing it for the last eight evenings (before I go to bed) now. It helps me relax before going to bed, and it allows me to reflect on my day. But, I can't stop at just five things. I just keep writing. I also found that much of
the things I write reflect gratitude, so I guess it's a mix of things that I'm thankful for and what make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment