Thursday, January 31, 2008

Watch Me Make Bomb Holes Down the Hill From Bailing

Last Friday evening, Sinta and I drove up to Tahoe for a weekend in the snowy Sierra. Despite the back-to-back storms we've had, the drive up was uneventful. Saturday morning, we drove from Auburn to Soda Springs.



Fortunately, it was sunny out. Coupled with fresh powder from the night before, it made for excellent conditions for snowboarding.

I'm not a seasoned snowboarder, to say the least. Far from it. In fact, this was only my second trip up to the Sierra. But Sinta's a pro at snowboarding and skiing, and he's taught me how to be better. Here he is getting ready to gear up:



Here I am getting ready to hit the slopes:



And here's me recovering from one of my many tumbles:



So UNflattering!

Sunday's conditions were different. It was stormy out:



Visibility down the slope was very limited due to snow and winds. And, I had my goggles on and hood pulled over my head. Everything looked 2-dimensional, so imagine snowboarding down that! But after a while, I got better. Talk about conquering your fears. I was about ready to give up that morning. All in all, I had loads of fun. A major drawback was that I'm out of shape, so I didn't have the stamina to keep going down the hill. I tell ya, it's takes all of your muscles to snowboard.

There are more pictures to follow, which I promise to post later. But, I dedicate this last photo to Consuela:

No comments:

Post a Comment