Friday, January 18, 2008

Macworld San Francisco



I am so glad the weekend is finally here. Even better, it's a three-day weekend commemorating Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday. Because I worked last weekend, the past two weeks have been long since my days off were not consecutive. I was off on Wednesday, so Sinta and I headed to the City to check out Macworld Conference & Expo.

Yes, you read that right, you Apple lovers out there. Granted, we didn't have a $1,895 five-day pass to attend Mac IT/Users conferences, hobnob with techies over lunches, and see Steve Jobs deliver his keynote. But, we got to see Apple's latest and greatest stuff, as well as that of other products/gadgets of various exhibitors. I'm talking about accessories for Apple's products, cameras, software, skins, hard drives, thumb drives, laptop bags, solar panel backpacks to charge your gadgets, more software. The list goes on and on.

Oh, and I can't forget about the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus. We had the opportunity to board this bus, and meet the staff who introduced us to their program and showed off some of their recording equipment onboard the bus. It's a non-profit recording studio on wheels that is geared to provide programs to high school and college students all over the country. You can read more about it here.

And of course, the highlight of it all:



Isn't it crazy! It's so thin and light, there was a mobile made of several MacBook Air notebooks that hung from the ceiling. We got to play with it, and all I can say is, "Wow!" For starters, the multi-touch trackpad works just like the iPhone and iTouch gestures, where you can tap, swipe, and rotate images and texts. But if you compare it's specs to the other Apple notebooks, the Air is not as high-powered as the others, so you won't be able to do a lot of designing or video processing. With that in mind, I don't know if I could shell out $1,800 for a notebook that can't replace my tower. Nevertheless, it's one cool notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment