Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Tag

I received a Christmas tag via email from a friend, and I also saw the same one on Manny's blog. I thought I'd go ahead and give it a shot.

1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Definitely wrapping gifts. But the other night, I did gift bags because it was the quickest way to tidy up our floor.

2. Real or artificial tree?
It's been real trees as long as I can remember.

3. When do you put up the tree?
We usually buy our tree and put it up during the first weekend of December.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Either after New Year's Day or Three Kings

5. Do you like egg nog?
Love it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The gift that stands out was the ultimate deluxe Crayola creative set with all the crayon colors, markers, and pains.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
We have two, and they're both tree ornaments. One is a hand-made Central American ornament made of grass reeds. The other is a ceramic.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
None, come to think of it. I appreciate all the gifts I receive. It's the thought that counts.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I like to mail Christmas cards.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
"I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!"
--A Christmas Story

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually, I start two weeks before Christmas, but this year, I started a few weeks earlier.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Anything, really--as long as I'm with friends and loved ones.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
It has always been colored lights, but this year, our tree has clear lights. It's very pretty, actually.

14. Favorite Christmas song(s)?
Angels We Have Heard On High, Here We Come A-Wassailing, Christmas Waltz, Winter Wonderland...I like them all.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzin, Rudolph.

17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Philippine-made capiz star.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
My side of the family: Christmas Eve or at the stroke of midnight of the 25th. Sinta's side: Christmas morning

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
It seems that every year, the commercialization of it all just gets worse and worse (a local department store will be open Saturday and Sunday 5am-2am). Also, people are always in a rush during this time of the year.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
No. Our tree is a storyteller. We have different kinds of ornaments that tell a story of where we've been. Some represent a significant event that's happened; others are gifts from friends and loved ones. It's what makes our tree all the more special.

21. What do you leave for Santa?
As kids, I think we left a plate of cookies for Santa>

22. Least favorite holiday song?
I like them all, though there are some versions I don't like.

23. Favorite ornament?
I like all of our ornaments (see #20), but if I had to pick one, I'd pick the ornament of Santa riding on a sled that we got from Germany.

24. Family tradition?
Growing up, it was a tradition to listen and sing to the Disney LP of Christmas carols while decorating the tree. What I would do to get my hands on that album...

25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Even services?

Yes.

I tag everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment